Four months ago I wrote a post on my new nightstand and what was still missing on it. Concerning the reading lamp: Check.
I had been looking for an old lamp on eBay or at the flea market, but didn’t find one until I discovered this one on eBay (I unfortunately (but as always) only have a quite poor before picture).
This was my first try making a new lamp shade and this was much more difficult than I thought it would be. I had bought extra foil for lamp shades and I managed cutting it and getting it on the fabric, but when it came to fixing it to the wires of the lamp shade, I was pretty clueless. I’m not even sure if there isn’t a solution that’s much easier than what I made up now. Or at least one, that isn’t as painful as mine. I sewed the foil to the wires by hand with a needle and a rather thick cotton thread. And getting the needle through the quite thick foil is not that easy which is why my fingertips are totally ruined (it actually hurts to type!). Im pretty sure, Beauty knows no pain. was actually meant in another way but it suits this situation as well. ;)